Sunday, April 28, 2013

INK PINK

Well my last post was a long time ago!

I'm now a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, well a hobby one at least, and have started buying inks in all the colours of the rainbow. I can see some firm favourites emerging. 

Putting them through their paces with me was my trusty non stick craft mat and water spray bottle.

First cabs off the rank - the Pinks - I love Rich Razzleberry.  Not so sure about the lighter pinks as they can sometimes appear to have a yellow undertone.  Probably didn't help that I was using manilla coloured cardstock, but it was cheaper than my SU cardstock which is reserved for making cards, and not to be wasted on experimentation.  Note to self - try lighter pinks on white card.
 
 


Base tags started out with Pink Pirouette water wash which was a bit light so I touched it up with Pretty in Pink and added Certainly Celery . 

L/H tag - Background stamping with Basic Grey works quite well and you can stamp off for a more subtle effect. Scalloped trim was created by heavily sponging white card, I'm still building up my supply of SU cardstock.  Nothing was safe, if it was on the table it got inked.  The bow is made from seam binding ribbon inked with Certainly Celery - I love seam binding ribbon and have a 10 yard roll of cream that can be coloured to suit any project.  Big Shot Butterfly courtesy of my last SU delivery box and a Lucky Limeade brad.

R/H tag - Background stamped with Basic Grey.  The machine stitched heart scrap is old book page, left over from an engagement card I made recently.  Cotton lace trim, purchased mini tag, little pink heart is Hearts a Flutter die. All distressed with Soft Suede, yes I like my cards dirty.

Stamps:  French Flourish, Papillion Potpourri, Postage Due and other randoms.
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Basic Grey, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry and Black.




No comments: