Tuesday, May 31, 2016

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT GDP#038

This weeks Global Design Project is a sketch challenge with the design created by Teneale Williams. 
The thing I like about card sketches is that you can copy them exactly or you can use them as a launch guide and adapt as you see fit.  Some very talented people out there come up with amazing interpretations of sketches and I love to see the variation of cards amongst the people who play along.  Here is my interpretation for this week's challenge.


I had so much fun creating this card.  I've seen this little froggy used a lot lately and of course it's one of the stamps in  the Love You Lots set which is a Hostess set in the new Annual Catalogue.  I wanted my card to be a bit playful and so I created a comic strip with the froggy finally managing to catch a fly at the end.  It's a pretty simple design that uses only a couple of colours but I was going for the look of a comic strip after all.  Of course, cause I was in a playful mood,  I had to give the little Ladybirds the from same set some loving too.



Doo, doo, doo looking out my back door!






3 comments:

Louise Sharp said...

I just came from Michele's blog where I was singing 'Denim and Lace' and now I have 'Do, do, do lookin' out my back door' in my head! LOL
A love your take on this weeks sketch challenge and the little froggie with his tounge out is super cute. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week Veronica and sharing your hippity, hoppy card! xo

Brian King said...

What a super-fun way to showcase this frog! I adore your black-and-white card, Veronica! So creative! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project sketch challenge!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Hahaha I'm singing it too! Your card is gorgeous Veronica, such attention to detail. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx