Sunday, May 29, 2016

SHHSH OOH OOH, SHHSH AAHHH!

Now I have that Pushbike song going around in my head!


I christened the Pedal Pusher stamp set today.  Pedal Pusher by Stampin' Up was a freebie that I earned during their Sale-A-Bration promotion and it's a really cute set.

Time to play and see how things were stamping.  I tried creating a background which wasn't too successful but I've taken a photo of it anyway.  I was having trouble with the ink and find this is the case with some photopolymer stamps or solid image stamps.  I've tried rubbing and scrubbing the stamp and various inks but sometimes you just don't get the image stamp off you want.  I also need to remember to compare the stamped image to the image on the storage case as sometimes I'm not happy with my stamped image but then realise that's how it's supposed to be anyway.  Silly me.



There is no point wasting a good piece of cardstock when you can flip it over and play on the other side.  If all else fails just bin it and move on to a new piece.  See the background I created on the flipside at the end of this post.

Paula Dobson does some lovely sponging techniques on her cards and the card below is the CASE she did another of her own cards.  She has used 3 of the new colours being Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach and Dapper Denim.  I love this combination.  If you want to see more of Paula's work just Google her or go to the Global Design Project website and follow the links. 



After seeing Paula's card, I started pinteresting and youtubing sponging techniques and came across a card that used a balloon stencil with sponging so decided to give that a go.  Products from a different company were used so I just re-created the card with my Stampin' Up supplies and was pleased with how it turned out.  That card actually combined a couple of techniques and one in particular that is really hot right now is layering your die cut words. I made a stencil  with  my Balloon Bouquet punch and used the small balloon sealed with sticky tape to plug the gap. 


 Create a design on your card and then include a portion of the design in the die cut.  More examples of this can be seen in the latest challenge on the Global Design Project website http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/05/global-design-project-036-case-designer.html

Lovely colours remained on my scratch paper where I had dabbed excess ink off when sponging my balloon which gave me the inspiration for the Crazy About You card background below.  Yep, this is the flipside.  You can just seek that Wink of Stella on the bike seat and frame. 



I love how bright that background turned out and I kept the offcuts to create another card.

No comments: