Sunday, June 12, 2016

BLOOMIN' BOTANICAL

I've been madly pinning pictures of projects using the Botanical Blooms bundle.  I've seen many pretty items but the one that really grabbed my attention was by Sue Vines at Miss Pinks Craftspot. There's nothing better than hot pink and bright orange to raise the temperature and make it feel like summer.  Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie sure do that. It was time to CASe that card.

A few weeks ago I bought a blank paper fan from the reject shop knowing I wanted to used these blooms to decorate it.  I started out with a water wash of Calypso Coral and some black splatters and then got to cutting out my flowers and cutting, and cutting and cutting. (Well maybe a bit of exaggeration there!)

After much procrastination I was finally happy with the layout so took a photo with my phone to use as a reference and began glueing my flowers in place.




While I was happy with the end result I still felt in needed a bit of bling so added some gold swirls from the Swirly Bird set and of course some clear pink sequins.  I did trial some gold dots in the centre of the smaller flowers but am still not sure if I'm going to add them.

These flowers would be perfect to use for wedding invitations and other wedding related items.  I had a few left over flowers so decided to create a matching bomboniere just for fun.  I can just imagine these little beauties gracing the tables of an outdoor summer wedding.





No comments: