Tuesday, January 10, 2017

HELLO YELLOW

I have to say Delightful Dijon is not one of my favourite colours and in fact I have a friend whose least favourite colour is yellow.  I have to keep convincing her we really do need yellow in the colour wheel. 

It's colour challenge week over at Global Design Project #069 and I've already blogged the card I made as my entry.   Here's a link if you want to check out the sample cards created by the design team.

http://www.global-design-project.com/2017/01/global-design-project-069-colour.html

Two of the colours were chosen for us and we had a Wild Card which allowed us to choose the third.

I got a little carried away and just continued on creating.  What can I say, I was on a roll.

Remarkable You.  I love this set and have finally added it to my collection. 

 I have snaffled Touches of Texture off my friend so I can have a play and get this set out of my system.  Can you see the Delicate Details lacey border?  This is one of the free sets you can earn during Sale-A-Bration.  Both the lace and the outside of this cared are sponged very lightly with Pool Party which is my third colour choice for this card.

  Kindness Matters - an oldie but a goody!  Combined with Pun Intended.  This card was a bit trickier to photograph because of the star sequin in the camera flash and the silver embossing powder.  I needed to angle it just right.

 Who doesn't love bees?  I know I do.  I actually drew this beehive shape to use as a pattern for a felt baby mobile which I made out of hand needled felt so it came in handy when creating my card.   This is the first time I've used the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and I could tell straight away it was a lot thicker than our usual embossing folders.  Make sure you use the correct sandwich as this baby is very thick.  I used tab 1, embossing folder with cardstock inside and a cutting mat on top.  Just remember, if it doesn't roll through with ease, don't force it and check your sandwich.  The results with this folder are a very textured 3D effect which is very cool.

Cardstock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver
Ink - Delightful Dijon, Black, Pool Party
Embossing Powders - White, Black and Silver
Stamps - Remarkable You, Kindess Matters, Pun Intended, Delicate Details (SAB)

No comments: