Sunday, January 8, 2017

OH SO SUCCULENT FLOWER POT CARD

I came across a mini flower pot card on pinterest that led me to the website of Helen of H2Designs where I found a great tutorial.  Here's the link if you want to have a try. http://h2designs.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/mini-flower-pot-tutorial.html

I decided to use Oh So Succulent Bundle to create my topper instead of flowers. 

 Here is the finished flower pot which I have attached to a centre stepped card.

Just give the topper a tug to reveal a little message on the tab inside and of course there is room inside the main card for a more personal message.

 This side view shows you the valley and mountain folds that make this card so effective.

You can see there are various sized flower shaped dies in the set and I used three of them to create the succulents for my card which balanced them out nicely and gave the appearance of a full  pot of plants.  I used 2 layers of the smallest flower shaped die, 2 layers of the largest daisy shaped die and 2 layers of the smallest daisy die.

 
Cut from Old Olive cardstock before being sponged with Old Olive ink to give them a bit of depth and then shaped with my handy flower shaping tool.

Cardstock - Olive Olive, Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Very Vanilla.
Ink - Old Olive, Memento Black and Crumb Cake, Real Red
Succulent Garden DSP, Bee die from Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Copper embossing powder.
Stamps - Oh So Succulent and Avant-Garden which is a set you can earn during Sale-A-Bration.



No comments: