After breaking in the stamps with some random play, I decided to CASE the photoshoot on page 20 along with some of the sample cards. (CASE means Copy, Adapt and Selectively Edit) I just happened to have some leftover mini paper pulp pots originally bought for gardening that are perfect for 3D succulent projects.
The card in the photo is one I created for the latest Global Design Project challenge "CASE the designer" who this week is Jess Williams #GDP068. Want to know more about Global Design Project challenges then follow this link and join in. http://www.global-design-project.com/
Guess which one is real? Haha.
Without further ado, here is the vignette I created for my photoshoot.
Some of the cards are copied straight from the catalogue and others are my own creations which I've posted below for your enjoyment.
There is such a variety of colours amongst the Echeveria succulent family that you can play and experiment to your hearts content. I decided to create a "Black Prince Echeveria" using Old Olive cardstock and Rich Razzleberry ink.
As you can see, you do need a few layers to make the plant look realistic. The addition of Rich Razzleberry combined with Chocolate Chip cardstock certainly helps to create a moody card that is so suitable for both females and males.
Cardstock - Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Sugarplum, Tip Top Taupe, Kraft, Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron
Ink - Old Olive, Tip Top Taupe, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum,
Brickwall embossing folder, Succulent Garden DSP, Swirly Birds die, Succulent Framelits Dies, Dragonfly Dies, Live Love Grow stamp set..